Dardedze Centre invites psychologists and psychotherapists who work with abused school-age children to a practical two-day seminar.
In the seminar, we will discuss the main topics and challenges of working with a child victim and his/her family. At the end, participants will receive five workbooks by our psychologists ‘Don’t Give Up: Think, Feel, Do!’ (choice between Latvian and Russian) to work with children who have experienced violence against themselves.
Let us look at the following topics:
- How to help the child understand his/her feelings after experiencing violence;
- How a child can overcome his/her unpleasant emotions;
- How to help the child be aware of his/her body and its boundaries;
- How to promote the child’s understanding of safety in relationships with other people;
- How to involve the child’s family in the therapy process.
- The training includes group work, discussions, and role-play.
We recommend this training to psychologists and psychotherapists who already have knowledge and experience working with abused children (for example, completed the Therapeutic Methods course).
The seminar is led by psychologists Liene Nikolajeva and Anastasija Pušņakova.
Duration of the seminar: 16 academic hours
Cost: 140 euros
Venue: online (Zoom)
For more information, please e-mail us at email@example.com