Dardedze Centre invites psychologists and psychotherapists who work with abused school-age children to a practical two-day seminar.
In the seminar, we will discuss the main topics and challenges of working with a child victim and his/her family. At the end, participants will receive five workbooks by our psychologists ‘Don’t Give Up: Think, Feel, Do!’ (choice between Latvian and Russian) to work with children who have experienced violence against themselves.
Let us look at the following topics:
- How to help the child understand his/her feelings after experiencing violence;
- How a child can overcome his/her unpleasant emotions;
- How to help the child be aware of his/her body and its boundaries;
- How to promote the child’s understanding of safety in relationships with other people;
- How to involve the child’s family in the therapy process.
- The training includes group work, discussions, and role-play.
We recommend this training to psychologists and psychotherapists who already have knowledge and experience working with abused children (for example, completed the Therapeutic Methods course).
Date and time: 30 November and 3 December; 10 a.m.–4 p.m. (two-day training)
The seminar is led by psychologists Liene Nikolajeva and Iveta Svirska.
Duration of the seminar: 16 academic hours
Cost: 140 euros
Venue: online (Zoom)
To apply for the seminar, please fill in the APPLICATION FORM.
For more information, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org